TIFF Investment Management hosted a discussion featuring Dick Flannery, TIFF CEO, and Gumersindo Oliveros, TIFF Board Member and CIO/CEO of KAUST Investment Management Company – responsible for the investment strategy of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia – about Asset Allocation Challenges Late in a Bull Market.
Willie Zantzinger, TIFF Outreach Director, moderated the panel on May 14, 2019 at the University Club of Washington, D.C.
Key topics explored during the discussion included:
- Should we be concerned that it seems we are in the 12th inning of bull market?
- Can tactical asset allocation add value, or should we avoid trying to time markets?
- Is a global perspective the best approach for US-based endowments?
- What are the panelists views about the future of the markets and investment returns?
Attendees also had the opportunity to pose questions. Some questions included:
- Are businesses or investors too dependent on leverage?
- Will we ever again need to contend with inflation? Are interest rates permanently low?
- What role should private equity play in a non-profit’s investment plan?
Please contact TIFF Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this event and future events.