TIFF's ESG Philosophy
TIFF believes that incorporating environmental, social and governance (ESG) and impact investing analysis into our investment process provides useful insights and a more comprehensive view of risk and opportunity.
We believe that
- Global sustainability challenges represent both material risks and significant opportunities for investors
- Disclosure of ESG information by companies is increasing as investors and regulators become more aware of the impact of ESG factors on corporate value and demand greater insight
- ESG information contributes to a more comprehensive view of industries, businesses, and corporate management teams
- Workers, consumers, and leaders are increasingly focused on sustainability
- Corporate approaches to managing ESG factors have long-term impacts and can be sources of competitive advantage or disadvantage
- Strong corporate governance practices often result in increased transparency, accountability, productivity, and alignment of interests with key stakeholders
TIFF’s approach is consistent with that of the CFA Institute, which requires Certified Financial Analyst charterholders to consider ESG factors in all investment analyses.
Invest in secular change and help members better align their investment portfolios with their values.
Provide an increasingly comprehensive set of sustainability-oriented portfolio solutions designed to achieve progressively positive environmental and social outcomes balanced with member risk and return goals.
TIFF's Sustainable Investments Process
TIFF employs a multi-disciplinary approach to sustainable investments research that is applied across our organization and is enhanced for TIFF’s sustainable investment solutions.
Sustainable Investment Strategies
TIFF employs a combination of sustainable investment strategies to seek to optimize positive financial, environmental , and social returns.
Environmental Factors We Consider:
- Resource efficiency
- Biodiversity loss/preservation
- Pollution and waste management
- Climate change impact, mitigation, and adaptation
Social Factors We Consider:
- Human rights
- Community impact and relations
- Health and well-being
- Affordable housing
- Employee health, safety and engagement
- Product safety
- Data management and cyber security
Governance Factors We Consider:
- Multi-stakeholder rights management
- Board composition
- Executive compensation
- Internal controls
- Transparency and accountability
If you would like more information about how TIFF can help your endowment or foundation, please complete and submit the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.